[ 2014-2016 Chair Festival ]
End of July - beginning of August
TOKYO: 22-24 July 2016
GINOZA (Okinawa): 22-24 July 2016
NAHA (Okinawa): 25-31 July 2016
ricca ricca*festa (International Theater Festival OKINAWA for Young Audiences) is an international performing arts for children, young people and families which has taken place in Okinawa since 2005. Every year the festival invite about 30 outstanding productions from all over the world and also organised international co-productions, residency programmes and symposiums. It is a popular summer event for local families, while it is an active platform for artists as the festival attracts international presenters and professionals due to its high reputation with the quality programme.
The festival had been organised with the nickname ‘Kijimuna Festa' between 2005 and 2013 in Okinawa City, which is located in the middle part of Okinawa Island. In 2014, the festival moved its venue to Naha City, the capital of Okinawa Prefecture, and launched the new nickname ‘ricca ricca*festa’ in 2015.
‘ricca ricca’ means “Let’s go” in Okinawan dialect.
- Any genres of performing arts for children, young people and all ages
- Non-verbal productions, or productions with few text
- Productions which gives the hope to the future of children and young people
- Innovative, challenging and inspiring productions
- ‘Tour-friendly’ productions
- Productions by emerging companies and artists
TEL: +81 (0)3 5937 2827 (Tokyo Office)